h/t to my husband who just sent me this link. Saturday, Dec. 8th is Pretend To Be a Time Traveler Day. Ken Denmead, @ Geekdad of WiredBlog even gave us tips, but my favorite is the Dystopian Future option:
This one offers a little more flexibility. It can be any kind of future from Terminator to Freejack. The important thing to remember is dress like a crazy person with armor. Black spray painted football pads, high tech visors, torn up trenchcoats and maybe even some dirt here or there. Remember, dystopian future travelers are very startled that they’ve gone back in time. Some starters:
– If you go the “prisoner who’s escaped the future” try shaving your head and putting a barcode on the back of your neck. Then stagger around and stare at the sky, as if you’ve never seen it before.
– Walk up to random people and say “WHAT YEAR IS THIS?” and when they tell you, get quiet and then say “Then there’s still time!” and run off.
– Stand in front of a statue (any statue, really), fall to your knees, and yell “NOOOOOOOOO”
– Stare at newspaper headlines and look astonished.
– Take some trinket with you (it can be anything really), hand it to some stranger, along with a phone number and say “In thirty years dial this number. You’ll know what to do after that.” Then slip away.
Oh good Lord, the fun me and my husband can have. It’s bad enough we quote sci-fi books and action movies at each other. This just takes it to a whole new level. I wonder if my grandmother’s old black fur(ish) coat will work?